The Riksdag voted in favour of the Government's proposal, among other things, on an overall objective for total defence.
The Riksdag has voted in favour of the Government's proposal on
- an overall objective for total defence
- new objectives for military and civil defence
- the direction of the Armed Forces' war organisation
- changes to the basic organisation of the Armed Forces, one of the results of which will be that a number of regiments will be re-established
- legislative amendments in connection with the change of name of the Swedish Defence Recruitment Agency.
The amendments will come into force on 1 February 2021.
The Riksdag also called on the Government by way of an announcement to set up an inquiry with the task of submitting proposals on what form modern civil defence should take.